I have been Arkansian for 11 days. So far it has been pretty fun! Much of my time has been figuring out how to keep my lifestyle away from home. My iPhone has been my security blanket. Even got to try to Skype with Emily, Deana, Maggie, and Heidi this morning. My 3G connection didn't fair so well, neither did my hairstyle and makeup (fresh from the gym)! Alas, it was really nice to see them :) Thanks, guys!
How to sum up 11 days in brief so as to keep your attention...hmmm...how about a list. I like lists. I like bulleted lists...
*Fun weekend send-offs with my parents, siblings, and nieces and nephew in Minnesota, Iowa, and Kansas
*Cattle feeding
*Northern Twang
*Great house
*Climbing in the hills
*Deer tick crawling on the truck seat beside me...my only freakout to this point
*The Current's streaming app has kept me from radiohell. 3 stations. None that I like.
*Coldest probably 30 degrees. Warmest 68 degrees.
*Great running around Lake Harrison (which for you MNs, lakes are different here. Much more river-y).
*Cowpies
*King Size bed
*World's stinkiest skunk partied outside my bedroom window one night
*Copperhead warnings/Copperhead bite stories
*Friendly landlord who took me on an adventure to Newton County and Alpena with him and his son
*Too many bubbles in the jacuzzi bubble bath (really hard to breath when resurfacing from a dunk)
*Wishing I had a Go Girl when I was in Newton County. Ordered one last night.
*Was offered squirrel to eat. Still on the fence about that one.
*Keystone Light..I didn't even know they still brewed
*Groceries carried to my car by a carryout high school boy
I hope to have a iPad soon (iPad2 to be released March 11) and I can blog more often. My thumbs just couldn't take all the tapping on my iPhone!
Hope all is well where you are,
Krisanne
*Friendly landlord who took me on an adventure to Newton County and Alpena with him and his son
*Too many bubbles in the jacuzzi bubble bath (really hard to breath when resurfacing from a dunk)
*Wishing I had a Go Girl when I was in Newton County. Ordered one last night.
*Was offered squirrel to eat. Still on the fence about that one.
*Keystone Light..I didn't even know they still brewed
*Groceries carried to my car by a carryout high school boy
| Newton County |
| Hiking with Tim,my landlord's (Bobby) customer and Newton Co resident, and Zach (Bobby's son) |
| Zach and Tim |
| Newton Co |
| Tim's cabin and the Buffalo River in Limestone in Newton Co |
| Feeding Tim's cattle in Limestone |
| Tim's Lumberyard across the road from his home in Newton County (just outside of Jasper, AR) |
| THAT...is an apparatus used to skin squirrels. Yes, it is. |
| How to survive in a "Dry" County |
| My Niece, Elle |
| My Niece, Claire |
I hope to have a iPad soon (iPad2 to be released March 11) and I can blog more often. My thumbs just couldn't take all the tapping on my iPhone!
Hope all is well where you are,
Krisanne
![]() |


What on earth are you going to do with the Go Girl! Great to see you briefly today KP!
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna miss my shoes and Go Girl anywhere in the trees I want!
ReplyDelete